- 1 1/2 cups of blended bitter leaves
- 1 cup of Efinrin – basil is a good substitute
- Assorted Meat
- Assorted offals
- 1 big piece of stock fish
- 1 piece of smoked fish
- 2 – 3 pieces of ata rodo
- 1/2 cup of crayfish
- 1 1/2 cooking spoon of Palm nut cream
- Knorr cubes
- Boil and season your meats. If you are using offals like liver, heart and kidney, boil in a separate pot. For saki and cow leg, boil in the same pot as the meats. Remember to cook the meats with a strong tasting smoked fish variety like stock fish, smoked red prawns, Eja Sawa.
- Whilst the meats are boiling, proceed to wash your bitter leaves. Once the leaves are less bitter, pour in a blender and blend till smooth. Set this aside.
- Pick the Efinrin or basil leaves off the stalk, rinse and blend too, then set aside
- Blend the ata rodo and add to the pot of cooked meats and stock.
- Once the pepper has dissolved into the stock, add the palm kernel cream or use 3 cooking spoons of palm oil
- Let the palm kernel cream dissolve. This should take about 3 – 5 minutes, depending on your cooker. Then add crayfish and Knorr cubes
- Add the blended bitter leaf to the pot. Let it cook for 2 minutes
- Add the blended Efinrin. Let the soup cook for another 5 minutes and serve
Source: Knorr Recipe