If you love egusi soup but you are a little tired of taking it. Groud nut soup is an alternative soup you can take. It is easy to make like Egusi soup and the process of cooking is very similar too.
So, let’s take you through how to make groundnut soup for when you want to eat it:
- 500g raw peeled groundnuts
- Assorted meat/ shaki or dry fish
- Palm Oil
- A small bunch of Nigerian Pumpkin leaves or any other vegetable of your choice
- 2 tablespoons of ground cray fish
- 2 big stock cubes
- Salt & grounded dry pepper to taste
How To Cook
- Start cooking the assorted meat you have prepared, when the meat or Shaki is almost done add the dry fish to it and stock fish and cook till they are well done.
- Then, add the crayfish, salt and pepper and let it boil for 5 minutes.
- When it’s done, drain the stalk of the meat into another pot
- Add the ground groundnuts and stir very well till there are no lumps. Then reduce the heat to very low and let it boil.
- Stir it every 5 minutes and top up with water regularly. Ensure that it doesn’t get burnt
- After about 15 minutes add palm oil and stir again.
- Then add your beef and fish and stir and cook on low heat till it boils.
- Add your vegetables after 4 minutes; stir the soup and leave to simmer.
- Stir again and leave to simmer for another 2 minutes and your groundnut soup is done!
You can enjoy ground nut soup with any solid food of your choice; Eba, Fufu, Semolina or Iyan.