You can take yam with a variety of side dishes such as yam and egg, yam and beans, yam and stew, but you know what else you can take yam with? It’s with cabbage sauce! This sauce is a colourful vegetable blend with chunks of beef, making for a tasty and nutritious meal. It is also quite easy to make.
Ingredients you need to make a cabbage Sauce?
The ingredients you need to make a cabbage sauce include:
- 1 medium cabbage
- 3 mid-size green peppers
- 8 big carrots
- 1 bunch of spring onions
- 1 cup green peas
- 4 red peppers (rodo)
- 8 pieces of beef
- 1 cup of crayfish
- 2 cooking spoons of groundnut oil
- Seasoning of your choice
- Salt to taste
How to Cook?
Once you have all your ingredients set, here is how you cook:
- Wash and marinate the meat and boil until its tender.
- Slice the cabbage in a bowl and set aside
- Grate the carrots in another bowl and set aside
- Dice the boiled meat, green pepper and spring onions on a mid-size tray
- Blend the red pepper, crayfish, ginger and garlic into a mixture.
- Put a clean pot on fire and add the groundnut oil for 3 minutes, when hot, add the blended mixture to the pot and fry.
- Then, add the diced meat and cook for another 3 minutes. Add the carrot, green pepper, spring onions, green peas, and sliced cabbage.
- Stir for 2 minutes and remove from the heat.
Then serve it with your yam. You can also use the cabbage sauce to eat rice or spaghetti. It depends on how you like it.