This Coconut Cake is so moist and yummy, even non-lovers of coconut enjoy it! Yes, it has this mild coconut flavour that is not all over your tastebuds.
Coconut Cake Ingredients
My cake pan is 10 inches (25cm) in diameter. And I got a 1 inch (2.5cm) thick Coconut Cake with the following quantities of ingredients.
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 cup all purpose flour (plain flour)
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 4 Eggs
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 50g (½ stick) salted butter
- A few drops vanilla extract (optional)
Notes on the ingredients
- For the coconut flour, you can also use desiccated coconut or grated coconut.
- You can use a blender, a stand mixer to mix the cake if you do not have a hand mixer as used in the video below.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan.
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt together and set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until light and fluffy. The mixture should be noticeably lighter in color. Add the room-temperature eggs one at a time, allowing each egg to blend into the butter mixture before adding the next. Mix in coconut extract.
- Pour in the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk, mixing until just incorporated. Fold in coconut, mixing just enough to evenly combine. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.