It’s not you, it’s your brows.
It’s common knowledge that eyes are the window to the soul, thus making eyebrows the frame of the face. But your arches aren’t just an aesthetic, they’re also a potent testament to your character. Just ask face reading and feng shui expert Priya Sher, who believes that you can learn everything you need to know about a person just by looking at them.
“Every part of our face reflects a different age, relationship, aspect of our life and organ in our body,” Sher explains. “Eyebrows reflect our heart, our sexual energy, our relationship with our partner, our relationship with our siblings and our power, career and work style.”
So if brows can serve as a diagnostic tool, what constitutes arch appeal? We looked to Sher to help us decipher the meaning behind every shape, hair density, and texture, as well as find out what being too tweeze happy can do to your karma.
- Curved: “A creative person.” Straight: “A confident and assertive person — if a woman has straight brows she can be quite masculine.” 3. Angled: “Sensitive and private, but women with apex eyebrows can also be stubborn.”
- Bushy: “Masculinity and an excess of male hormones in a woman’s body. If the hair is shiny, it reflects an individual with high sexual energy.”2. Thin: “A feminine, gentle personality.”
- High: “If they are too high, they are dreamers.” 2. Low: “They look too carefully at everything and often don’t have time for others.”
- The Left vs. Right Brow: “Depending on which one is higher, it tells you about the control in relationships. If a woman’s right is higher she is controlling, if a man’s left is higher he is controlling.”
- Brow Hair Texture: “If they are soft and shiny, than sexual energy is good. If they are rough and dull, than sexual energy is declining.”
- What changes when you tweeze your eyebrows to achieve a different shape?“If you make them thinner, you can reduce your ability to get a good powerful well paid job. If you try and make straight eyebrows more curved then you make your energy more feminine. The most important thing is that they be in proportion to your eyes, big eyes need thicker eyebrows. If they are not in proportion, aspects of your life may be unbalanced.”
Source: Marie Claire